Saint Peter Roman Catholic Parish
A Ministry of Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
"Give instant help to those who are nearest and in need. Show them how to help themselves. Afterwards, let them help others." ...... Abbe Pierre of Emmaus
Hand in Hand is an outreach ministry of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, which responds to the needs of clients with charity, service and confidentiality. Its mission is to provide social, cultural, material, spiritual and educational programs for those in need. All those associated with Hand in Hand are treated with respect so as to enhance and develop a sense of individual self-esteem and regional community service.
Hand in Hand serves by offering:
- a whole range of clothing and footwear;
- recycled, usable household items;
- furniture placement as it becomes available;
- no charge for those who cannot pay;
- low suggested prices or a donation from those who can pay;
- pick-ups for clothing, furniture, and miscellaneous items;
- Presence - Listening, education, assisting in the day to day needs of people; referrals for food, counseling, shelter;
- Hospitality - a place where the dignity of each person is respected. Where wholesome contacts are made. Where hope is offered.
- Ecumenical Involvement with Saint Paul's United, Calvary Baptist, Emmanuel Anglican, and Saint Michael's Roman Catholic Churches;
- Classes - Craft classes are ongoing. Others as required. We welcome your suggestions.
What Can You Do To Help?
- Donate new or nearly new clothing;
- Donate household items - small appliances, cutlery, dishes, utensils, pots & pans, bedding and towels, lamps;
- Donate furniture;
- Donate time; Knit our yarn into squares for out blanket project; Donate any craft supplies;
- If you cannot help in person we welcome donations and bequests;
- Pray for us and those we serve.
Times of Service
Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Other times upon request 477-7744